Sunday, April 17, 2011

a bit of time

It's been a bit of time since I last posted. This is partly due to the fact of not knowing how/what to write in times of transition and specifically in regards to private matters. Well, really, private - yet soon to be public.

What am I talking about?

Moving.

Back at the start of the New Year, we were discussing and looking at options for relocating. One ministry stood out to both of us and the conversation ensued.
Perhaps what's interesting, is that it's back in So Cal. Perhaps interesting still, it's a beach town. Well, this may not be interesting to you right off, so let me give some background. I told Bree several years ago that if we ever moved back to California it'd have to be to a beach town.

And here we are - living in Redondo Beach. We live about 2.5 miles from the beach. And our ministry is within the Beach Cities (Hermosa, Redondo & Manhattan - Beach). As random as it is, I didn't want to move back to California unless we were in a beach town - and that's where we are!

It is exciting to begin a new phase in ministry and life... It's exciting to see how God will (continue) to move within this church and in this community. I am excited to see how God uses me - and particularly in regards to creating space where his Kingdom is displayed.

Throughout this transition  and the months ahead, perhaps as I come to mind, pray that I might have wisdom, discernment, and strength.

No comments: