Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Keeps on going and going…

Once again, I’m living life during the longest 2 weeks of my life. Funny how there can be multiple “longest 2 weeks of my life” but there can. I’m back at school for 2 weeks taking 2 classes. They’re called modules. I’ve done these 2 week classes before, but only one class during the 2 weeks… so, I think it’s safe to say that although I’ve done the module before, this time is the longest 2 weeks of my life.
The days seem to just keep going and going. I have given up looking at the clock. The clock seems to just remind me in the morning how I’ll be sitting there for many hours to come, and in the evening that I’ll be returning again in the morning. But, what adds to the excitement of it all isn’t the 8.5 hours of lecture each day with a 45 min commute to school from where I’m staying. No, it’s that it has started to snow AGAIN.
Yes. It’s snowing and I’m the supper smart kid who only brought flip flops and Birkenstocks to the Midwest in January. I had to make a hard phone call today. I called my wife to let her know I was gonna buy a pair of shoes. Yes, yes, she did prod me to bring a pair with me as we packed. But, being the lover of open toed shoes that I am, I rebelled. As I sit in the library awaiting my next class all I can think of is the excruciatingly long days which are my life.
To be honest, all I’m waiting for now is that little bunny’s batteries to run out…Saturday morning at 10:38am.

No comments: