Saturday, April 4, 2009

the waiting game.

It's kind of like the wedding game. Only completely different. OK, so I have no idea what the wedding game is. However the waiting game currently consists of Bree and myself waiting for the baby boy warming in Bree's belly to decide he's ready to come out and meet us face to face.

Her due date is April 10, 2009. Good Friday!

It would be pretty cool - as Bree pointed out today - if he came tomorrow. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday, a day we celebrate Jesus' entrance into Jerusalem. It would be appropriate to meet our new baby on such a day. And of course, appropriate for Good Friday, and without note - Easter.

So, here we are. Waiting. We have had a good lesson in patience.

I made a list of things I'd like to accomplish around the house a few weeks ago. It included things like: patch up nail holes in walls, sand the holes, repaint the holes and touch up other spots, clean the bathroom, dust the house, vacuum, mow the lawn, hang a mosaic at Mosaic, and "finish the basement." As of this afternoon... all of the above stated goals have been accomplished. So, if the little booger was waiting for me to accomplish my list of to-do's... I've done it!

And now, we just have to wait... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Patiently.

No comments: